Wednesday 30 January 2013

Getting back on track with weight loss


This is a group of the coaches I trained with when I was a weight loss challenge coach.  The reason I set up this blog originally was to assist clients in my weight loss class.  However having left that business for over a year now, I am still very health conscious and have found my love of cooking again.  When something becomes a job we often get taken away from the reason we loved it in the first place.  I recently decided to become a vegetarian and a month into the process I know I need to get back into the practice of adapting recipes and making sure I get the 'good' stuff into my food.  Often it can be hidden such as sprinkling in some seeds to a stir fry or using brown pasta if you are using a sauce and it tastes the same anyways.  If we trick our minds for the first while to get back into a healthy habit, soon our body starts craving healthy food as it is what is becomes accustomed to.  It's our job to look after ourselves, no one else will do it for us.

So I am back at stage one rediscovering food and trying to think of cooking as a delight rather than a chore. I think the fact I don't know the healthy section in the supermarket off by heart makes it a challenge.  My lack of time and energy doesn't help but really it's habit.  I made it second nature to myself once so I can do it again.  I'll keep you updated on my progress and add the recipes as I find them out for myself.

1 comment:

  1. I read and review dozens of weight loss plans and Tom Venuto's Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle has to be one of the most complete and detailed guides to losing fat I have come across.

    Personal Breathalyzer

    ReplyDelete